IAMA Gold Awards
Source Interlink Media Earns Top Honors at 20th Annual International Automotive Media Awards
Leading Automotive Publications Win Nine Accolades in Total
Ann Arbor, Mich. (June 30, 2011) –Source Interlink Media’s AUTOMOBILE Magazine and Motor Trend Classic, two of America’s leading automotive lifestyle publications, received an array of prestigious honors including the highly sought-after “Best of Division” (magazines) at the 20th Annual International Automotive Media Awards (IAMA) on June 20.
Held by the International Society for Vehicle Preservation at the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn, Mich., IAMA is a peer-judged competition that honors distinction in all forms of automotive media. The “Best of Division” award was presented to AUTOMOBILE for Preston Lerner’s profile of female racing driver Simona De Silvestro titled “Rookie No More,” page 72, August 2010.
“We are extremely proud to win the IAMA ‘Best of Division’ along with the seven other awards we received at this year’s event,” said AUTOMOBILE Magazine President and Editor-in-Chief, Jean Jennings. “It is a true testament to the talent and hard work our team is capable of and reflects the amazing work they consistently produce.”
Based on a scale of 100 points, the IAMA Gold Awards are rated from 97-100 points; Silver Awards are rated from 92-96 points; and Bronze Awards are rated from 85-91 points. In addition to the “Best of Division” honor, AUTOMOBILE Magazine and Motor Trend Classic also earned the following awards:
- Gold for Personality Profile to Gary Witzenberg for “The Finest Line,” in Motor Trend Classic Winter 2010
- Gold for Article Design to Matt Tierney for Sneak Preview, AUTOMOBILE June 2010.
- Gold for Feature Article to Joe DeMatio for “My Father’s Footsteps,” AUTOMOBILE September 2010.
- Silver to Kelly Murphy and team for Magazine Graphics, Total Publication, for AUTOMOBILE April 2010 issue.
- Silver to Robert Cumberford, Column category, for AUTOMOBILE August, September, and October 2010 By Design columns, which covered the Porsche 918 Spyder concept, the Saab 92.001, and the Fiat 500, respectively.
- Silver to Ezra Dyer for Collector Vehicles category for “Seven Up,” his drive of seven Porsches, AUTOMOBILE December 2010 issue.
- Bronze to Ezra Dyer for Entertainment category for the article “The Earl of Goodwoods,” AUTOMOBILE February 2010.
- Bronze to David Zenlea for Introduction of New Models category for the article “War of the Sports Car Worlds,” AUTOMOBILE July 2010.
About AUTOMOBILE Magazine
AUTOMOBILE Magazine, part of Source Interlink Media, LLC, is America’s leading automotive lifestyle publication and reaches 4.6 million readers monthly; through its print, online and digital components the brand counts an audience of over 6 million. Arbiters of the “All-Star” awards, Automobile Magazine profiles upcoming car designs from leading manufacturers. It is written for the sophisticated enthusiast and profiles high-end vehicles with compelling editorial and photographic content. For 25 years, AUTOMOBILE Magazine has set the standard for automotive journalism, maintaining its devotion to auto adventure and an editorial approach that emphasizes “No boring cars!”
About Motor Trend Magazine
Motor Trend, part of Source Interlink Media, LLC was founded in 1949 and has a circulation of 1.1 million and a total readership of 8 million. Internationally recognized as one of the leading brands in automotive publishing, MOTOR TREND comprises Motor Trend Magazine; the award-winning website motortrend.com; Motor Trend Radio; Truck Trend; Motor Trend Classic; Motor Trend International Auto Shows; Motor Trend en Espanol; and the renowned Motor Trend Car, Car and Truck of the Year Awards program.
About Source Interlink Media
Source Interlink Media is the premier source of special interest media in the United States. With more than 70 publications, 90 websites, 400 branded products, 65+ events, and TV and radio programs, SIM is the largest provider of content to enthusiast communities interested in automotive, action sports, marine and other niche activities. The division’s strategy is to wholly focus on targeted audiences by leveraging and expanding upon its core market-leading brands through a multiplatform media approach.